- shoulder/2 + 0.5
- bust point + 0.5
- bust/4 + 1"
- back half length + 0.5
- waist/4 + dart allowance + 1"
- blouse length + 1.5"
- hips/4 + 1"
- Bust apart/2 + 0.5
- round neck/6 + 2 or 3" (for neck width, depending on how wide you want it)
- Fold your pattern paper into 2 and Measure the neck width X and depth J ( i usually use 3" for both because i like high necks) from the folded tip marked O.
- Join X and J using a french curve for a round neck ( you can use any other neck block you want)
- Measure the shoulder from O and this is labelled point D, take 1" below point D (D1) and join to X. This gives the slope of the shoulder.
- From point O, measure the bust point A, back half length B and blouse length C vertically along the folded side of the paper.
- Draw horizontal straight lines from these points
- Measure bust along line A line (A1), waist along line B line (B1) and hips along line C line (C1) and join the points to give the outline of the top.
- Measure 1.5" above the bust line and join point D1 ( tip of shoulder line) to the point using a french curve, this will give you the armhole
- Measure 1" upward from C1 and curve into length of the top. This is to give the edge a bit of shape.
- Measure bust apart on the bust line(A11), waist line (B11) and hip line (C11)
- Measure 1.5' below A11 and mark this point
- Measure 0.5" on either sides of B11 and mark
- Join the point below A11 to the 0.5" on either sides of B11 and to C11. This should give you a diamond shaped dart.
- Cut out along the outline of the top.
See how easy it is; you can also include your under and upper bust measurement for more fitting.
Enjoy and keep visiting.......