Measurements needed: shoulder, upper bust ( for boob tubes/ corset tops), bust point ( from the highest point of the shoulder to the nipple), bust, bust apart ( distance between the nipples), under bust, back half length ( the highest point of the back to the deepest point of the back), waist, blouse length and hips.
- upper bust length+0.5
- round upper bust/4+dart allowance+1" (sewing allowance)
- bust point+0.5
- bust/4+dart allowance+1"
- under bust length+0.5
- Round under bust/4+dart allowance+1"
- back half length+0.5
- waist/4+dart allowance+1"
- blouse length+1.5"
- hips/4+dart allowance+1"
- Bust apart/2+0.5
Dart allowance should be 2.5"
- Measure the neck width A and depth B ( i usually use 3" for both because i like high necks) from the folded tip marked O.
- Join A and B using a french curve for a round neck ( you can use any other neck block you want)
- Measure the shoulder from O and this is labelled point C, take 1" below point C and join to A. This gives the slope of the shoulder.
- From point O, measure the bust point D, back half length E and blouse length F vertically along the folded side of the paper.
- Draw horizontal straight lines from these points.
- Measure bust along line D, waist along line E and hips along line F and join the points to give the outline of the top.
- Measure 1.5" above the bust line and draw a straight horizontal line
- Join point C1 ( tip of shoulder line) to the horizontal line using a french curve, this will give you the armhole.
- From point O, measure under bust length vertically and draw a horizontal line from that point
- Measure bust apart on the bust line, under bust line, waist line and hip line.
- Draw a vertical line through the points and measure 0.5" to the left of the line and 1.5" to its right
- Join armhole to point on the bust line with a curve/cup as shown above
- Cut along the lines